Seeking various demands private buses remain off the road  

0
Photo used for indicative purpose only


Shimla, Jun 8

All private buses remained off the road today in protest of state government not accepting their various demand to make the running of operations viable due to lock down restrictions.   
Talking to media persons here today State Transport Union of Private bus operators Secretary Rajesh Kamal said that protest was successful baring one or two service providers all other private buses did not operate in the state. 
As buses are to operate on 60% capacity therefore the private bus operators are demanding the balance finance of 40 per cent from the State government. 
 ” Since buses are to operate on 60 percent capacity therefore the government should charge only 60 per cent insurance of the total seats from bus operators and the rest 40 per cent insurance should not be deducted, ” ‘he demanded. 
Seeking three tier fare slabs for the buses in the state he said that minimum fare should be fixed at the rate of Rs 20 per passenger and existing fare should be hiked by 50 percent.
Private bus operators also insisted upon the special policy for safety of conductors during their services in the lock down. 
 Only limited HRTC buses plied in the state causing a lot of trouble to passengers who could reach their offices in time and some even had to hire private taxis to reach their destination. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here