Photo used for indicative purpose only. Source: Internet
Shimla, Feb 22 
Six woman were burnt alive in a fire which broke out after a blast in a illegal firecracker factory at Bathri under Haroli Subdivision in Tahliwal industrial area of Una district of Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday Morning.
Superintendent of police Una Arijit Sen Thakur said that six woman charade to death and 14 others were injured, up to 80 percent burnt in the illegal Firecracker factory at 10.15 am. He said that factory was being run without seeking valid permission or documents on the bank of Sawana River. He said that 10 women were referred to PGI Chandigarh, two were admitted at Regional Hospital.
A total of 20 labourers, including 18 women, have become victim to the accident,  out of which 6 women died on the spot due to burning alive, SP said.  The injured have been admitted to Regional Hospital Una for treatment, from where 10 very seriously injured have been referred to PGI Chandigarh.
Police and fire brigade team reached the spot and brought the situation under control. Prime Minister Narendra Modi express grief over demise of factory workers. He also annouced to release Rs two lakh from  PM’s National Relief Fund to pay the families of those who have lost their lives in the factory accident in Himachal Pradesh and Rs 50,000 for the injured.
Among the victim belonged to  UP,  Bihar, Himachal and Punjab.
What happened
Preliminary investigation revealed that the factory was running under the guise of setting up weighbridge (Dharmkanta). Sources reveal that for the past about 7-8 months, illegal firecracker manufacturing was going on at this place.
Police revealed that during the time of incident the safety standards were not taken care of at all.  More than 25 workers were working in the factory at the time of mishap.
After the sudden explosion, some people managed to get out but 20 people were unlucky to have been caught in the fire.  Six of these women were badly charade in the blaze. Deceased died as they could not be evecuated from the compound for almost a hour in lack of basic safety equipment.
Finally Infernos were doused down around 11:30 am when a foam fire tenders pressed control.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here