Shimla police in writen directions sent to all schools of the capital have stated that the school managment shall be liable to ensure that the school vans/buses employed follow all guidlines set up by Supreme court and the state government for safety and security of Children. The police have stated that in case of any irregulatory found, displaying zero tolerence, a case shall be registered against both the erring vehicle and the school managment.
What are the directions?
1) The school van/bus compulsarily has to be yellow in colour.
2) ‘School bus’ has to be written, both in front and rear of the vehicle.
3) First aid box and fire fighting equipment mandatory.
4) If the bus is rented then ‘On school duty’ to be mentioned.
5) Bus windows to be covered by ‘angled grill’.
6) Name and phone number of the school to be mentioned.
7) Vehicle should not be more than 15 year old and a speed governor has to be installed.
8) Racks to be fitted below the seat for keeping school bags.
9) Qualified attendent to accompany school kids during transport.
10) Driver to be in uniform with a name plate.
Home It Matters Zero tolerence policy for school vans/buses – Shimla police
Zero tolerence policy for school vans/buses – Shimla police